Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

I have abdominal cramping, rib and back pain

hi, i have been having frequent general abdominal cramping recently for about a month. It stopped a few weeks ago ago so I just forgot about it. Today I had an aching pain in my lower left rib cage.It is tender when pushed on and it feels like I have a little bone sticking out of the bottom of my rib cage. I also have lower back pain . I am a healthy 20 year old female.
Asked On : Tue, 1 Feb 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  587
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.
The pain you are having in your rib cage might just be a result of excessive exertion or weight lifting or an injury. For pain below ribcage, just do a hot fomentation and apply a muscle relaxant ointment thrice daily for 3-5 days. You might also take a muscle relaxant tablet orally for severe pain.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Answered: Wed, 2 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor