Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

I have a very sharp knee pain and my ankle also feels stiff. I am 14

My knee hurts in the back and on the sides and the pain shoots all the way down my leg and into my ankle it also feels stiff every time I walk I m only 14 and I play alot of sports
Asked On : Mon, 4 Apr 2011
Answers:  6 Views:  251
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello, welcome to HCM. As you are just 14 year old and involved in sports activity you could have injured your ligaments or tendons of knee. You need to get the real injury diagnosed as soon as possible to avoid further damage. You must visit a orthopedic doctor to get yourself evaluated. Till than you can have pain killers to reduce the pain. Wish you good health.
Answered: Sat, 27 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
you should take kaishor guggul 2 tablet twice a day with lukeworm water. Dashang lep mixed with wheatflour, make its paste with warm water and apply it on knee joint twice a day for 1 hours.
Answered: Mon, 4 Apr 2011
Sports Medicine Specialist Dr. Abhay Dikshit's  Response
Certainly It seems that you have injured your knee while playing some sports.
Correct diagnosis is essential.
For that you have to undergo certain investigations. After then, the line of treatment can be decided.
You can contact any sports medicine specialist nearby you or even orthopedic surgeon.
Answered: Tue, 9 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
You need to get investigations done for ligament tear. Consult a sports physician or physiotherapist to assess the cause and treat as per their discretion. In the meanwhile avoid straining the limb, use a knee stocking for support and apply topical analgesic ointment for relief. Homoepathic remedy Mag Phos 6x and Calc Phos 6x may help to certain extent.
Answered: Sat, 30 Jul 2011
  User's Response
welcme to hcm.
your pain problem can be properly diagnosed,get your blood with specai value of uric acid.urine compete with special h/p examination,enbiling to knoe urine secretions.please post your both pathological the mean while make message of your painful area (olive oil)
dr.mohsin madni
Answered: Thu, 4 Aug 2011
  User's Response
welcome to health care magic..see u r only 14 yr so taking pain killer is not either u have to doing sports activity within limit or concern any gud homoeopaths for this trouble,b'ze homoeopathy is safe or no side effects.or in dietary messure u drink 1 glass of milk,taking food which is rich in protien or drink 8 to 10 glass of water.
Answered: Mon, 4 Apr 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor