Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

I have a sudden change in my behavior and tendencies. Do i need psychiatrist attention ?

I m 24, Female. My periods are regular and normal. However, for the past two years I ve been facing a problem in Urinating and I ve just realized that it is Urinary Tract infection. I m 85 kg and 5 4 in height, I m working in a BPO, ie., in Night shifts for the past 2 years and for the past few months, I ve noticed a major change in my behavior and tendencies. I ve become very short-tempered, I get irritated very quickly, I ve also become too lethargic than ever, I ve lost interest in almost everything, except food. I feel I m indulging too much into food than ever. I was never lethargic and over-indulgent to this extent. I m not able to focus on anything and I feel very frustrated. My career seems to be going nowhere and my parents want to get me married soon. My overall personality is turning negative. I wish to know what might be the possible cause for this change of behavior and if there is any solution for this. I want to get my life back on track. Do I need to consult a Psychiatrist?
Asked On : Fri, 10 Dec 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  91
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Irritability, loss of interest, loss of focus/attention, negative thinking, emotions & behaviour (which is what personality is) and comfort eating (which is what I presume you are doing by over eating....are you eating a lot only when you are stressed/anticipating stress?-if yes, that is comfort eating) all point to depression which needs to be diagnosed only after a full history taking and detailed examination of your problems.

But, if you are not getting enough sleep because of working night shifts and doing household work during the days, then it could be simply because of could be the way your body reminding you that it is chronically not getting enough recharge. If this is the case a simple shift in your priorities during day time or a shift in the working times if this is possible, can help you.

Please do consult a psychiatrist.

Answered: Wed, 22 Dec 2010
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor