Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

I have a stitch mark above my upper lip

i have a stitch mark above my upper lip on the moustache area. I want to get it removed using plastic surgery. can you please let me know how painful will it be and how much approx can it cost ?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Apr 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  405
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon 's  Response
thanks for your query on healthcare forum.Any troublesome scar over the face can be revised and the procedure is known as scar revision .The treatment is done once the scar is mature ie. more than atleast 9 to 12 months old with no redness or blanching in the scar .The treatment depends upon the site , colour , texture , elevation or depression characterstics and the direction of the scar.Any treatment done has just one intention : to make the scar as inconspicuous as possible.The surgical treatment may be supplimented with Laser treatment or some ointments or injection therapy.If you are a male and keep your mustache we can just implant few hair follicles using FUE technique which camouflages the scar.What treatment is best for you can only be determined once the exact picture of the scar is seen.
God Bless
Answered: Mon, 11 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
General Surgeon Dr. Rajat Gupta's  Response

There are many options which can explored for such a scar. But the final and best option can only be decided when once I examine you.

Scar revisions and laser resurfacing both can be a good option.

It would be relatively painless as procedures will be done under local anaesthesia. and cost depens on what treatment you will exactly need.

Hope this helps

Dr. Rajat Gupta
Answered: Tue, 3 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response

welcome to HealthcareMagic forum,

If it is small linear stitch mark then don't get it removed as even after plastic surgery it is going to remain as it is.If it is raised above the skin level then injections would help good to flatten it .If depressed then a filler might help .So,consult a plastic surgeon or a dermatologist regarding possibility of improvement.

Answered: Sat, 16 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor