Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

I have a sore throat , bad cough, runny nose, kindly suggest

Im 13 years old and taking Calpol. I have a sore throat , bad cough, runny nose and the other day i lost my left ears hearing! WHAT CAN I DO ? PLZ HELP ME.
Asked On : Sat, 11 Dec 2010
Answers:  5 Views:  299
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello.welcome.You have most likely developed acute otitis media with may be ear drum perforation.Consult ENT specialist urgently.Good luck.
Answered: Mon, 26 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Cardiologist Dr. Naresh Ruparelia's  Response
HiM.welou l come to HCM.
It seems you viral infection which has lead to Otitis media causing blockage of oestchian
tube. It should go as you recover from viral infection if pwrsists should consult ENT
surgeon for that.Can have acourse of decongestand drugs with antihistaminic will help
you. thanks
Answered: Mon, 26 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
it seems that you have got acute upper respiratory tract infection causing all problems.
Go for antibiotic course as it is a must.
Take decongestant,anti inflammatory medicines.
Temporary hearing loss may be due to infection in middle ear.
Avoid fried and junk food,cold drinks.
Take nasal inhalation.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Mon, 26 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
ENT Specialist Dr. Naveen Kumar's  Response

Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum

This condition of yours could be due to the upper respiratory tract infection leading to blockage of the tube connecting nose and the ear, because of the blockage of the tube there is accumulation of the fluid behind the ear drum causing reduced hearing. You need to do steam inhalation (it helps in relieving the congestion of the nose and the eustachian tube)3 -4 times/day, drink plenty of warm water and also consult a good ENT specialist for the medicines as paracetamol alone will not suffice.

Take care


Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
Answered: Mon, 26 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Get yourself examined by a local ENT Doctor immediately along with a detailed history (details). You need medication in addition to Calpol. Also do get your hearing checked by a PTA (Pure Tone Audiogram) and Impedance Audiometry. If your hearing loss in your left ear is due to fluid buildup secondary to cold, it will recover completely after treatment.
Answered: Sat, 11 Dec 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor