Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

I have a small bump on the inside flap of my palatoglossal arch in my throat

Hi, I have a small bump on the inside flap of my palatoglossal arch in my throat. It doesn't really hurt, but I can always feel it there, especially after I eat. I was put on antibiotics because they though it might be a infected salvatory gland, but from my research there are no glands where the bump is. Any ideas?
Asked On : Mon, 25 Oct 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  2735
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Anesthesiologist 's  Response
Between palatoglossol and palatopharyngeal arch palatine tonsil is located, this fossa also called as tonsillar fossa, inflamation of tonsill is called tonsilitis if it is acute it will cause pain if it is chronic itmay not cause pain, as you are on antibiotics inflamation may have subsided so you may not have pain. Consult ENT surgeon for further evaluation and treatment.
Take care
Answered: Wed, 28 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
The palatine tonsil usually extends below the palatoglossal arch. The bump could be related to the tonsil itself. It could also represent a tonsillolith in a tonsillar crypt. It may also be a minor salivary gland, a hypertrophied lymphoid follicle or a aberrant gustatory gland. Granular pharyngitis may present a similar lesion. Can you arrange for an endoscopic picture to aid in your diagnosis?
Answered: Thu, 28 Oct 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor