Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

I have a slight abnormal heart beat and my left atrium had enlarged

ok, for the past three years i have had heart complications . i ve been to the hospital three times, and they ve done x rays and ekg s but said that they all show up normal. they said i do have a slight abnormal heart beat, and that my left atrium ( i think thats what its called) had enlarged. but they said they found no complications? although they said i should go see a specialist, but my insurance ran out before i could. i am having these pains right now, they arent serious pain, but more of discompfort and my left arm gets numb and heavy, but that all happened the three previous times. so is there something wrong? i do suffer from anxiety , but they said that probably isnt the problem b/c of what they found on the ekg (the enlargement of the atrium) so please if you can give me any advice whatsoever i would really really appreciate it. oh im 19 by the way, it started on and off since i was 16. thank you alexandriagirl. i apprectiate the prayers :)
Asked On : Fri, 18 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  347
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Most importantly you should see the specialist who can most likely give you a better answer. I understand with no insurance it seems impossible but it is your life, get a payment plan if you must, parents? grandparents? are you in college? go to the clinic at your school, but they willprobably tell you the same "see a specialiat." That aside.... Since you are young they probably do not think heart attack or heart disease, since they are more common in older people. Mitral valve insufficiency or stenosis? abnormal heart beat, enlarged atrium, chest pain....maybe If you did not have the enlarged atrium I would think it was your anxiety (heart pain common). Obviously there is something else since physically there is a sign. Search for "Transitory Benign Chest Wall Pain" through There are two good sites and, one has a board with other people asking a similar question like yourself the other has a symptom-possible diagnosis finder. One more thing look up Metabolic Syndrome.. I am a nurse but with your age and those symptoms there is so much more to know about you before a doctor can diagnose...past illness, do you smoke, overweight, etc....That is what a specialist will figure out.
Answered: Sun, 20 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor