Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

I have a skin rash on my legs just above my ankles.

hi, I have this rash on my legs. just a above my ankles. it itches, and its turned black. i m a black girl but u can see the distinction still. when i scratch clear flid comes out of it sometimes, its very dry too. i recently put some menthylated spirit on it. i have an ointment called tripple action (sulphaz) will start using it. i m scared to go to the dermatologist coz i m in egypt now and i dont speak fluent arabic and havent found an english speaking dermatologist. can i use the ointment ? pls help.
Asked On : Thu, 6 May 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  230
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello phoebe;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
The rash you have described can be a fungal infection like ring worm;or even a bacterial one.So you can apply ointment containing a steroid/antibacterial/antifungal (i guess tripple is the same type of ointment).So presently you can apply and see if you get any relief and if it gives some relief but it does not go away then you can take a tablet of Fluconazole 150 mg every week for 6 weeks which will treat the fungal infection and you should be fine.See if you can get the tablet from a medical store and if not then you should apply the ointment and wait till you find a english speaking Dermatologist.
Answered: Tue, 13 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor