Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

I have a severe ear pain that hurts to the bottom of my jawbone

i have an ear ache from the inner part of my ear that hurts to the bottom of my jawbone pain occurs whem open mouth loud noises and touching of outer and inner ear and outside of bottom jaw and behind ear
Asked On : Tue, 29 Jun 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  916
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response

as per your problem you might have got acute infection of your external ear. wht you need is good antibioyic and good analgesic avoid water entering you ear. do the hot fomentation
Answered: Sat, 29 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
ENT Specialist Dr. Naveen Kumar's  Response

This can be due to either arthritis of the Temporomandibular joint or Infection of the external ear which is difficult to comment until examined thoroughly. Till you get a consultation try taking anti-inflammatory drugs (such as Ibuprofen/Diclofenac). Avoid chewing on the affected side and finally, eat only soft food. Keep us informed about the progress.

Dr. Naveen Kumar
Answered: Sun, 30 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor