Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

I have a scrotal lump or cyst, on the right side of my scrotum

I have a a lump, or cyst, on the right side of my scrotum , separate from the testicle, for a while now, and it has never change size or caused me any discomfort. However recently, within the last few hours or so, the size has tripled and the cyst/lump has become hard and very painful. I have recently been screen for STDs and am clear, so I ve ruled that out, however I ve been reading online about testicular torsion and other things, but I can t determine which I might have. From the surface, I can t see any difference, but as I said I can feel it and feel the pain it causes. I ve also read a few entries about some men having been put on hold by a specialist for over three months with the pain being continous, so how would I know whether or not to go to the hospital for something like this, or wait and see if the pain goes down. Also, I m 24 and have had no serious groin injuries, nor any surgeries or procedures in or around the area.
Asked On : Fri, 26 Feb 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  457
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
epidermal cyst..i have them..
Answered: Sat, 26 Feb 2011
  Anonymous's Response

Stop reading over internet, go for examination to your doctor, he will tell you whats going wrong and what has to be done...dont delay, you might face problems like infertility if damage is gone too much..get it examined and corrected before its tool late..

Answered: Fri, 26 Feb 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor