Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

I have a scar about 1cm in diameter. Should I be concerned ?

I have a scar about 1cm in diameter (lenticular in shape) and it looks as though it has fluid under it. (The scar was as a result of a water bottle burn, that occured about 4 months ago). It looks as though some blood vessels are forming (at least 6). The scar is slightly pink in colour and it swells up and down in size, but more recently is beginning to hurt a little under pressure . What has caused it ? Can this be fixed ? Should I be concerned ? I am a 32 year old female.
Asked On : Thu, 13 Jan 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  189
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
From your description it seems that you have developed a keloid from the scar. Applying a hydrocortisone cream might help you upto some extent. If there is no relief, then steroid injections locally might help. Surgical removal of the scar is the last option.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

Answered: Mon, 22 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor