I have a rapid heart rate, could that cause insomnia ?

I have suffered with insomnia for 13 years. I am 37. I have a rapid heart rate, could that cause insomnia?
Wed, 16 Dec 2009
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,  
Drug/Medication ,  
No I think your insomnia caused the high heart rate. 10 years ago I suffered a work injury that led to a brain injury which prevented me from sleeping. I developed several cardiac arrhythmia's which were quite serious. Once I was put on correct medications and finally slept all my arrhythmia's completely stopped. You need to have a sleep study done to help determine the cause of your insomnia. Take care, Donna