Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

I have a problem with my thigh muscles, please suggest me

Hi, I have a problem with my thigh muscles. About 3 months ago I suffered a dead leg. Having played football a few days after still in agony I had to take a rest for a few weeks as I had pain, weakness in my leg. Since then I have been suffering with consistent fatigue, I am able to play football and continue with normal day life however my thighs constantly do not feel right, I feel weaker in my legs and consequently I am weaker and have diminished muscular endurance. the most concerning thing is it does not seem to reside, day after day they just feel tired, weak and like I have lost about 20% or so muscle strength (although it is hard to equate) I don't know if this is related to the dead leg, but I can say for definite things haven't quite been the same since. It may have triggered something and I really am concerned and need help to find out what this?? Can you offer any advice or simply shed some light on this? I would be so appreciative. I have no real other symptons and I can say with relative confidence my other muscles seem pretty much fine. Also I am 22 yrs old and a very active sportsman. Please help???????
Asked On : Fri, 23 Jul 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  554
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello, welcome to Healthcaremagic. The injury you suffered is very common in contact sports and should be treated with respect as impact to muscle can cause more damage than you might expect. If the treatment is not correct or is treated too aggressively then myositis ossificans can occur which seems to be your case. In this condition bone will grow within the muscle (called calcification) which is painful. The bone will grow 2 to 4 weeks after the injury and be mature bone within 3 to 6 months. You must see a sports injury specialist or orthopedic doctor. You might need to get an X ray of the muscle. You must give rest to muscle for atleast 3 to 4 weeks. In some cases it might even need surgery. Wish you good health.
Answered: Sun, 16 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response
Damaged tissue depend's where you were hit. if you were hit up near you're inner thigh high possible blood bruse or damaged tissue. might have Tendenightious in ur leg now.. Or how ever that's spelt..
Answered: Sat, 26 Feb 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor