Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

I have a problem of chronic urethral obstraction, please suggest me

my aling mother who is suffering from the problem of CHRONIC URETHRAL OBSTRACTION as prescribed by our consulting doctor .so i just want to be clearified what this problem is.....and is there any permanent solutions for it......if any plz suggest me some soln as soon as possible as my mother is suffering a high pain......waiting for ur suggestion.
Asked On : Tue, 15 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  500
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
'Chronic' means present for a long period, 'uretheral' means related to 'urethera', which is the tube connecting urinary bladder to the exterior and 'obstruction' means that there is hinderance to the outflow of urine. The pain / discomfort may be due to the dilated urinary bladder (as it cannot empty itself fully) or due to infection (which tends to occur in stagnant urine) or due to the causative factor (which could be stricture, stone, cyst, tumour, inflammation or the drag because of prolpse of uterus or vaginal wall). I think your mother requires a clinical examination by a urologist and a gynaecologist. She would require some investigations including urine examination (routine test and culture), Ultrasound examination alongwith post void residue and a uro-flow study. She may need a cystoscopy for further evaluation, depending on the results of the investigations. Proper treatment can be planned only after the above evaluation.
Answered: Tue, 15 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor