Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

I have a lump on the side of my face, please help

I have this lump on the side of my face in front of my ear ? Kinda hurts ? Any clue what it could be? Please help.!
Asked On : Sun, 26 Sep 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  216
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
  User's Response
I have a similar sounding lump it's red and kind of painful. Larger inside my skin than protruding out. I've had it for about a month and feel it is getting bigger...
Answered: Sat, 19 Mar 2011
Pediatrician Dr. Santosh Kondekar's  Response
is it recent or since birth. there are some skin tags that may be present since birth. if it is recently formed lump. i would like to know if it is red, growing in size or very painful. if painful, it may be suggestive of infection like say boil or furuncle. at times infections around face area can be serious and can spread deep inside. pls post a picture and detailed history.
Answered: Sun, 26 Sep 2010
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor