Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

I have a little hole right at the top of the bum crack from where puss is coming out

hi there im 25 and i have something to ask...I have this little hole right at the top of the bum crack and i have yellowish/greenish puss coming out and its all hard around it this is the first time its happend is there an answer for this if so plz right back thanx
Asked On : Tue, 16 Aug 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  451
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
You probably have a pilonidal sinus which is infected. It requires dressing and antibiotic treatment. Surgery may be indicated according to the chronicity to close this tract. It is seen in hairy men commonly. Consult your Surgeon at a Hospital for the various treatment options and the best option for you.
Answered: Tue, 16 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Padma Saikia's  Response
Hi Daniel,

Welcome to HCM.

Read your problem,the description you have given looks like you have furnculitis which is caused by bacteria staphylococcus. You need to take antibiotic other wise it may spread which will be associated with pain and have pus.Consult your surgeon to extract pus and for further management.

Wish you good health.
Answered: Tue, 16 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor