Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

I have a large spongy lump on the back of my right shoulder and it is painful

I have a large spongy lump on the back of my right shoulder going down my back. It is sending pain to my shoulder and down my right arm. What is this?
Asked On : Thu, 13 Jan 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  1089
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
It could be a case of Lipoma (mostly benign soft, swelling). The swelling seems to be interfering with your right sided movements creating mild to moderate pain. therefore, it is time now for you to see a General Surgeon for surgical removal under local or general anesthesia. So, just rush into a Surgeon's clinic today! Thanks.


Dr. Swapan Kumar Das
Answered: Thu, 13 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor