Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

I have a large painful lump on my forehead. Is this something I should get checked out ?

I have a large lump that appears on my forehead which is painful and comes with headache. Today it is very painful is this something i should seek medical advice on Around 15 years ago I hit heads with someone, I stood up as they squatted down and we bashed foreheads. Since then the bump reappears every month or so sometimes more frequent. Today its quite large like half a brazil nut and the whole front of my head is pounding and my eyes hurt. To touch it is hard and painful and can last a few days. My partner jokes i m turning into a unicorn and my daughter thinks I look like something out of star trek. Is this something I should get checked out. The trouble is if i make an appointment by the time i see the doctor it may not be there! Thanks Jo
Asked On : Sat, 5 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  803
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General Surgeon 's  Response
Get the C.T.scan done & consult neurosurgeon.Intermittent appearance of bump/lump is
quite unusual.Disclaimer
Answered: Sat, 5 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Vibin K V's  Response
its very surprising to have something appear on & off but doesnt seem to be any big problem as such but i would suggest you consult a doctor soon. i have a strong feeling its just a lipoma, which is accumulation of fat which you noticing on & off. but its worth while to have an evaluation done.
Answered: Sat, 5 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor