Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

I have a knee ache when feel it there is criptus sound.

for many years i have aknee ache when feel it there is criptus sound.i thought that iam getting taller but iam now 21 years old.the pain is not severe but it occurs alot
Asked On : Thu, 30 Dec 2010
Answers:  6 Views:  359
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Do you get more pain every time your knee crackles ? Painless sporadic, crepetus is something you need not worry. If you get pain in other joints also you will need some blood tests and an Xray.
Answered: Thu, 30 Dec 2010
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. S S Soni's  Response
You should consult an arthroscopic surgeon to rule out osteo-chondral defect in the knee, which I havwe found in many patient who had dull boring pain, which was not found out even on MRI Scan
Answered: Sat, 1 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
i feel this pain only in my knees no other joint,it is not so painful but occurs alot making it so noticable for me
Answered: Thu, 6 Jan 2011
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Narayan Hulse's  Response
I suspect it is an innocent sound. Painless clicks / sounds are common. Usually they wont require any surgery/ arthroscopy. Most of the ''clicky knees'' requiring surgery (like chondral defects, loose bodies, meniscal tears, chondromatosis etc) are significantly painful. If you are worried get a proper assessment by an orthopaedic surgeon.
Answered: Thu, 6 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. S S Soni's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum
In my opinion it is better to rule out any intra-articular pathology. So consult an arthroscopy surgeon & ask for a diagnostic-cum-therapeutic athroscopy. It is always better to find out diagnosis & get cured for it, instead of being in dark.
Take care
Answered: Thu, 6 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
i would recommned you to diagnose it first!!!

we have couple of queries of similar kind and our products have given great results

call me on 9036291674 if you have any queries

Health and skin consultant
Answered: Fri, 7 Jan 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor