Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

I have a kind of mark on the right cheek and intense brown

a kind of mark on the right cheek and intense brown curly hair in the middle of normal hair on the head ... i am asma 26years from hyderabad india...after 6months of my birth my parents observed a mark on my right cheek which continues down the neck and also on the upper back side of the neck which again continues to run down towards my left elbow....and one more thing....i have normal hair, a bit wavy....but i have very very curly kind of hair in the middle and side of the head and they are of a bit brownish colour....even if i wish to keep my hair open i cant bcoz these curly ones stand out...... i have used many creams which doctors suggested, for the mark n also oil my hair since my childhood..... the mark sometimes seems to be very light....and sometimes when i am tensed, out in the sun, or when i m going to have my monthly periods....the mark becomes darker....some say its a birth cream has effected it completely till now....and also there is no effect on the hair as well....few doctors suggested laser or plastic surgery for the mark but also said that there can be some kind of infection after such we dropped the idea of going for such treatments..bcoz its the matter of my face ....some say its a lucky mark...sometimes its not so visible also....but i wish it could be gone completely....please tell me what i should do for this.....and about the hair.....if i go for permanent/temporary straightening....will these intense curly ones in the middle of my normal hair have any effect..??..i always have to hide it by putting a plaid or a ponytail....
Asked On : Wed, 28 Apr 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  239
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response


Thanks for consulting Healthcaremagic. The marks which you are describing could be due to sunburn and treatment is mainly with the help of sunscreens. For the marks which are already existant, you shall need certain anti tanning creams.

Answered: Sat, 22 May 2010
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor