Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

I have a hole in my gums like above my teeth

ok i have a hole in my gums like above my teeth in the back eft the hole is in my GUM not by my tooth o anything should i be worried or what ?
Asked On : Fri, 12 Feb 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  2911
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  Anonymous's Response

A hole like that can lead to problems it seems. Mainly the food goes there again and again and gets stucked. So there is more chance of infection and so other complications from it. So take care of it at the right time and avoid major worries in future.

Answered: Fri, 12 Feb 2010
Dentist, Endodontics Dr. Manisha Rao's  Response
Hi, the hole may be a draining sinus near the root of a tooth. Please go for an X ray of the area to find out if there is an infected tooth in relation to the hole. Please go to a dentist with the x ray and go for a complete oral examination and treatment if required. Hope this helps you.Take care!
Answered: Thu, 10 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor