Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

I have a heart murmur and have recently been diagnosed with a significant hole in my heart. What is "significant"?

I am going for an ablation of the atria . I have a heart murmur and have recently been diagnosed with a significant hole in my heart. What is significant ? I have rythym problems and a murmur. Guess I still have Afib. can everything be healed with an ablation? Will I need a pacemaker? I feel very tired almost all of the time, can t do even short walks...My heart feels tired in the chest area. Sometimes the slightest scare will cause my heart to tremble with fear.
Asked On : Tue, 23 Nov 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  175
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

There is septum between two atriae. Hole in this septum called ASD, Atrial Septal Defect. Below the the atriae there are ventricles. Again there is a septum in between ventricles called Ventricular septum. There are valves between atria and ventricles. Significant means hole may involve into valve area. It might lead to rhythm problems because hole might have damaged conduction system. Primary anatomical problem, ASD, leads to heart failure. So Cardiology will close the hole. After that, if there any rhythm problems they can be treated with different methods.

If you tell me the diagnosis and ECHOCARDIOGRAM findings on the forum you get more help.
Dr. Jagdish
Answered: Tue, 23 Nov 2010
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor