Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

I have a hard pea-sized nodule that has appeared inside my tongue, What could this be ?

Hi, I am a 31 year-old female 5 7 120 lbs. I have a hard pea-sized nodule that has appeared inside my tongue, near the midline and toward the front. It has gotten bigger throughout the day and become increasingly more painful. It is affecting my speech and causing tooth and jaw pain now. I have noticeable swelling on the affected half of my tongue as well as some visible redness directly over the lump. Additionally, I am recovering from a mild cold, sore throat , and pink-eye (not sure if that s related). What could this be, and should I go to the ER or make an appt. with my doctor in the morning?
Asked On : Tue, 26 Apr 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  889
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dentist 's  Response
its better you get a consultation with the oral pathologist for a clear diagnosis and get it treated soon. hope there is no serious complication through your given symptoms but dont delay when there is pain. take care
Answered: Thu, 28 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Dr. Manish Gupta's  Response
It is most likely a blocked salivary gland, or in medical terms, a sialocele... and if its an ulcerated lesion then chances of some early tumorous growth have to be ruled out.
better make an appointment with your doc as early as possible....
take care.
Answered: Tue, 26 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor