Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

I have a doubt about my BP reading, please suggest me

my blood press. read 175/110. 30 mins later i had 140/80 how is that possible? My Docs assistant made the first measurement and the Doc him self made the second measurment. so i don t know if i got high blood press. or not Correction to the question i asked before. The BP was 140/80 and not 140/180 sorry!!!
Asked On : Tue, 15 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  389
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Blood pressure fluctuates. Also if you are standing, sitting etc makes a difference. If you are nervous it will read higher. When you go to the Dr and your b/p is higher than usual they call it the white coat syndrome, which means you are nervous about going to the Dr. If your Doctor thought your pressure was too high he would have told you. Also you must question your Dr. to have good visits with him, or her. Other wise they won't volunteer a lot of information if you don't ask.
Answered: Tue, 15 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor