Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

I have a discomfort in my ear. Had an ear infection in both ears

my ears make everything sound like its underwaterthey are hurting alot and its making my jaw achemy doctor says i might have to see a specialist but wouldnt say whyso why i am 21 and female,over the last too weeks my ears have started playing up,it started with everything sounding like its underwater,and now its painfull but still with the underwater sound,my jaw has started to hurt to,its horrible it feels like my head is in a bubble and its going to explode,even talking is horrible because i sound so loud and it just feels like someones ripping in to my face :( which has left my face numb and i am having problems speaking,my words come out jumbled n slurred.i have seen my doctor but she didnt tell me anything she just said i might have to see an ear specialist because i have an ear infection in both ears but she thinks there might be something else,what else could there be with these symtoms because she has got me paranoid!!!
Asked On : Fri, 4 Mar 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  502
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response

This condition of yours is called secretory otitis media as a result of eustachian tube block. You need to consult your ENT specialist and get your ears examined and also you require a tympanometry to rule out the fluid in the middle ear. Till then try doing steam inhalation 3-4times/day, this will relieve the nasal congestion and the ear block as well. Also, drink plenty of warm water and use saline nasal drops 3 drops 3-4 times/day.

Dr. Naveen Kumar
Answered: Sat, 5 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
General Surgeon Dr. Rajinder Bajoria's  Response
It can blocked eustchian tubes or infection of inner ear .consult ENT surgeon or you will dream of /for sound.Disclaimer
Answered: Fri, 4 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
ENT Specialist Dr. Puneet Maheshwari's  Response
its just a common cold attack, followed by ET tube blockage.

1- tab accocontin 1 tab once a day.
2 steam inhalation.
3- Valsalva maneuvre.
Answered: Fri, 4 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
As a result of coryza the eustchian tube gets blocked and causes these symptoms. Also get your hypertension checked. steam inhalation and mucolytic agents help to make tube patent. amongst herbal medicines we advise euclyptus oil for inhalation and use of banafsha decoction.
Answered: Sat, 5 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor