Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

I have a dent in my head, should I see a doctor ?

i hit my head on a cabinet about two months ago and i now have a dent in my head should i see a doctor
Asked On : Sun, 13 Mar 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  1673
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
Dear you are giving history of hitting of two months ago, so at this time there is nothing to worry. the dent you are talking of can be concussion, whose treatment will be more troublesome than the disease at this time. yes, if it associated with some complaints then consult your physcian.
Answered: Sun, 13 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
General Surgeon Dr. Swapnendu Sekhar Ghosh's  Response
hitting hard may cause a swelling [haematome]
and with time when it is getting absorbed a denting may be felt
it is always better to get checked up and find out the reason of of denting
better you consult a surgeon and besure ther is nothing to worry for the thing
Answered: Tue, 15 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
ENT Specialist Dr. Naveen Kumar's  Response
Hi Hicks,

Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum
The skull bone is not weak, it requires sufficient amount of pressure to cause fracture of the skull bone. Hitting the head over the cabinet would not be causing any fracture of the skull.This depression can be the normal indentation of the skull bone. If you are very much worried you can definitely get a CT scan of the head to rule out any damage to the skull.
Take care

Dr. Naveen Kumar
Answered: Sun, 13 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor