Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

I have a bad pain all in my chest when i am too much stressed. Is it the sign of heart attack?

I've always been stressed out since I was like 13. Been through a lot of bad experiences. Anyway, could the stress have caught up to me so much to make me have a heart attack? The last three days I've been extremely stressed. I have a history of exercise induced asthma. I thought I was having asthma attacks but the pain is getting worse. It's all in my chest. It feels like someone is performing cpr on me or something. Plus my arms and hands have almost a "numb" feeling or cold feeling. And it's hard to breathe. Could it just be an anxiety attack or a heart attack? It comes and goes.
Mon, 14 Dec 2009
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
  User's Response
most likely anxiety attack. by your avatar, i take it you are a woman. based on your statement, i take it you are not really old (still menstruating). young woman who has no known heart disease are very unlikely to have heart problem. unless you are a smoker, use birth control, have diabetes, have high blood pressure, and have family member who had heart attack at young age, i would not worry about it much. in fact, i would stop worrying so much, which is probably your problem. having said all that, if you are that concerned, go see a doctor, do a stress test. i would be more inclined to seek help if your symptoms get worse when you exercise (run, lift heavy weights, go up the stairs, etc).
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor