Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

I have a BP of 180/100mmHg.Do I have hypertension?

I am 23 years old and working as Software Engineer. I had recently checked my BP and the recording was 180/100. Do I have hypertension???
Asked On : Fri, 8 Jan 2010
Answers:  7 Views:  655
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Hi.. The BP recording of 180/100mmHg is high. The upper limit of a normal BP recording is 140/90mmHg. Any thing above is mentioned as high.
Answered: Mon, 18 Jan 2010
  User's Response

There are various reasons for a high BP. Stress and anxiety are one of the cause. Patient who have hypertension also have high BP.
Answered: Mon, 18 Jan 2010
  User's Response

It is difficult to predict if the cause for such high BP is secondary to hypertension. Though it is more likely.
Answered: Mon, 18 Jan 2010
  User's Response

You may have to repeat checking the BP for a couple of more days preferably during the morning hours when you are properly relaxed.
Answered: Mon, 18 Jan 2010
  User's Response

If the repeat BP are also high then you are probably having hypertension.
Answered: Mon, 18 Jan 2010
  User's Response

You may have to do few more test to know the cause for hypertension in such a young age group..
Answered: Mon, 18 Jan 2010
  Anonymous's Response

Yes it could be. Keep checking your BP everyday for one week. if its still high, then you need to started on medications. take care..

Answered: Fri, 8 Jan 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor