Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

168 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

I have Red/purple blood spots on the top (inside) of my legs. what are they and are they anything to worry about ?

I am 22 years old, im a mother, i am 17st and i am 5ft4.. For the past 3 years i have been getting huge spots, (the size of a milk bottle lid) they are on the top (inside) of my legs.. i went to a doctor and she told me to squeeze them and told me to keep them clean.. these spots are too painful to squeeze and pop, so i manage to pierce them and squeeze them that way.. all i get out of these spots are a huge amounts of blood but i dont get any puss out of these spots. what are they and are they anything to worry about ?
Wed, 2 Mar 2011
Report Abuse
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic. It can be due to boils or cysts. Apply warm compresses and some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. You can also apply topical antibiotic creams. However if the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics may be needed. You have to consult your dermatologist then.

Hope it helps you. Regards.

I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
are these spots raised from skin level, are you having anticoagulant drugs or drugs like disprin are they red or bluish in colour are you hypertensive.
my above question are to rule out patechial haemorrhage in which no major treatment is needed they resolve of their own but cause need be cured. In other causes have blood purifiers and coagulants have haridra khand with bol parpiti.
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response
Anonymous's  Response

it could be because of inflammation that your pimples hurt it could be treated with some antibiotic cream which could be prescribed to you by your dermatologist after examination

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

My teenage daughter has a rash on her upper arms (inside) and parts of tops of legs, inside & out. It seems to improve, then worsen for no reason. Her arms ache too. We have eliminated allergies etc. she has had a blood test & urine tested, all came back clear. The spots are red, some purple, small, not raised. She has no other symptoms, but we would like to know the cause. Please can you help?

doctor1 MD

I had a blood clot in my right leg last year, and then a clot in my left leg, resulting in vein removal to both legs. I am now on warfarin and mercapterpurin for colitis. I have now started getting little red spots along the inside of my legs along the vein line and both sides of my body. Any answers to what this is

doctor1 MD

I have a small , what appears to be blood blister (purple) on the inside of my ear but I can see it. What is it? There are occasionally bumps in there on both ears and sometimes they might bleed bit it doesn t hurt after they stop bleeding. I have heard that if a body part is hurting, there will be a sore spot in your ear and to put pressure on it with your nail but I never thought they would bleed?