Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

I have Polycyctic Ovary Syndrome, please suggest me

Is it normal to have a longer period, when you havent had one in 6 months? I havent had a period in six months, except for for two months I started spotting nothing heavy and it didnt last but maybe a day or two. I have always had funny periods and I found out that I have Polycyctic Ovary Syndrome. But normally when I am late on my period I have to go to the doctor to get me a pill to make mke start, after a few months. This time I didnt go to the doctor and I started normally after not having one for 6 months. Now I have been on my period for going on 2 weeks now strong and still cramping is this normal. I want to go ahead and thank everyone for there help please respond to my question. Thank you
Tue, 14 Jun 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response

Yes it is possible to get longer and heavier period after 6 months of not having them though 2 weeks is on the longer side. You did not state your age as the diagnosis and management varies with that. Since this post is 5 days old maybe things have subsided on their own by now or worsened enough for you to have seen a doctor.. If not then you should rule out a possibility of abortion by getting a Serum beta HCG done which will be positive if you got pregnant and later aborted. An ultrasound might just also help in aiding diagnosis. This is a possibilty if you are sexually active and have irregular periods. Let me know the the current condition and i will guide you from here on.

General & Family Physician Dr. R.V.Sirisha Rani's  Response
Welcome to Health care magic.
In polycystic ovarian disease periods will be less or very minimal, unless u correct ur harmonal imbalance.maintaining weight in ideal range helps to correct harmones.Basically U have to take balanced diet,regular exercise like walking.If U have not completed family better consult gynaecologist & get harmones corrected.For continuous bleeding U need to consult gynaecologist.
All the best.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor