Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

I have PCOS problem

Hi. I am a 25 yrs (Female). I have PCOS problem detected in 2009 Aug, where i used to get heavy flow. For which I have taken the treatment. so my period cycle was proper after that. again this month i am facing the prob. I have not got my menstruation cycle, which i was supposed to get this month 5th.
Asked On : Tue, 22 Mar 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  82
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
PCOD is an ovulatory problem-thereby making the menses irregular.
If you are worried about raising yr family,you will have to relay on medicines to induce ovulation.and if the reular ovulation brings the ovarian size to normal-normal menses may start automatically.(that is one possibility)
Laproscopic drilling of ovaries can reduce ovarian mass,to bring back normal menstrual pattern.For this you have to consult Laproscopic surgeon.
HOWEVER REDUCTION OF WEIGHT helps recovery.These are few ways to manage PCOD.
Answered: Tue, 26 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Welcome to Healthcaremagic Forum

Patients with PCO can find solution with homeopathy. Please visit a homeopathic physician , its a hormonal dysfunction and not at all permanent. Women with PCO can concieve with help.

Another imp things is weight managment and keeping yourself strees free .
Patient with PCO are prone to anxiety, and those trying to conceive become depressed easily...both may worsen your chances of having normal menses and thus conceiving.

All the best.


For further enq-
Answered: Thu, 28 Jul 2011
Dermatologist Dr. Gaurav Patel's  Response
welcome to healthcare magic forum
PCOS is hormonal problem and there is no permanent cure for it
you must take medicine for long time
if you stop it ,there will be irregularity of period
you need to consult doctor and get your improved medicine .

i hope i have answered your question .
Answered: Tue, 26 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor