Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

I have Osgood-Schlatters and my knees are really playing up

Hi, I am 16 years old. I had/have Osgood-Schlatters and my knees are really playing up. They are a different shape to what they were a week ago and I can barely walk. I saw a doctor today who said I should ve grown out of it by know as I was diagnosed with it 4 years ago and that there isnt anyhing that can be done. Ive tried Pain killers, Ice and heat pack, RICE, Gels and knees braces. He said to stay off of my knees which is rather impossible as I go to school. My left knee is slightly worse than my right. Would crutches help at all ? Or would they weaken my legs ? I can barely walk and I struggle to get around. I don t want to miss anymore time off of school because of this. Thank you, Emily.
Asked On : Sat, 5 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  169
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Nephrologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query
If the diagnosis is proven then I am happy to say that most of the O S is self limiting but it may take time upto 24 moths. Keep taking pain killers and yes u can you crutches to support yourself. It will not make your legs weak. Also try physiotherapy
Have a healthy living
Answered: Mon, 8 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor