Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

I had yellow diarrhea , What should I do ?

2 days ago i pooped out a clear jelly. then about 20 min later i had diarrhea which is a yellow color with very painful gas. What do i do?
Asked On : Mon, 21 Mar 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  1178
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
  User's Response
The ENT has done a colonoscopy and some lab tests (blood only) and says I am "perfectly healthy" I continue--about once or twice in every 2 weeks to have explosive, unxontrolled btight yellow diarrhea--the Ent says this is "IBS"---- Bull-----. I am not having any pain, and I had an ultrasound done of my gall bladder which was normal. BTW, this has been going on for over 4 years now.

I have no constipation and am up to taking 4-5 immodium at a time so that I can at least go out to the grocery store once a week. But I have no abdoninal pain, ever.

I am fed up with the doctors here who don't seem to care or know anything. What should I do next?

Answered: Thu, 31 Mar 2011
  User's Response
Hi dear
Welcome to HealthcareMagic.

If this has started recently in a day or two , you probably have an infection. You should visit your physician and get a stool examination done to know the presence of infection.Further antibiotic course can be prescribed.

If you are having these for long , you might be having a Chronic infection with Giardia or Irritable bowel syndrome.Please visit your Gastroenterologist for further evaluation.

In both the cases you should maintain adequate hydration and salts in your body taking water , juices , to avoid dehydration.

Take care.
Answered: Mon, 21 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Akshith's  Response
Hello and welcome to healthcare magic!!!
you may be suffering from infective diarrhoea or a irritable bowel syndrome. Have you been having constipation for a while? Get a stool test done for microscopy and culture and consult a gastroenterologist for the same.
Answered: Mon, 21 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor