Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

I had tonsillitis with pus and i feel blockage in throat for this. Is this hard pus formation ?

hi!..i just want to ask if there is someone who can help me??..i feel like there is something blockage in my throat ..i had pus on my tomsilitis since february and i took some antibiotics for it,,unfortunatelt there are still little pus around and off again an don but i feel no pain in swallowing or in my tonsil either..,so now i am so worried of this blockage i feel when i swallow..or life threatining?? pls help me to lighten my mind coz i am so afraid of this..thank you imz here
Asked On : Mon, 2 May 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  146
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
At present as there is no pain or swelling on tonsils, the white patch you see may not pus but whitish tonsillar tissues which looks like pus.
But to rule out tonsillar or para tonsillar abscess you consult your doctor.
Answered: Mon, 2 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
it seems like u r suffering from ectopic tonsillar tissues or secondaries of a recurrent throat affection which can lead to subsequent granulation foreign body sens. etc and related symptoms can be very well treated with hom. so pl. consult a hom. physician for permanent relief because if cause can be treated ur ass. symptomatology can be well treatd
Answered: Mon, 2 May 2011
ENT Specialist Dr. Naveen Kumar's  Response
Hi Imz,

Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum,
The foreign body sensation in the throat in the absence of pain or fever can be because of laryngo pharyngeal reflux or granular pharyngeal wall. Laryngopharyngeal reflux occurs secondary to reflux of acidic contents from the stomach. Granular pharyngeal wall can be secondary to recurrent throat infection. I would advice you to drink plenty of warm water, avoid oily/spicy food/coffee/tea for few days. If the problem persists please consult a good ENT specialist.

Dr. Naveen Kumar
Answered: Mon, 2 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor