• question-icon

I had the HIV antibody/p24 antigen Duo Test at 10 days and st 6 weeks.How accurate are the test at 6 weeks?

Hello I got a quick question, I had the HIV antibody/p24 antigen Duo Test at 10 days after a hiv risk with a woman with a unknown hiv status then another HIV antibody/p24 antigen Duo Test at 6 weeks. Both tests were negative at 10 days and 6 weeks. How accurate are the test at 6 weeks? how accurate is it in percentage %? The internet says highly accurate? I need to know to put my mind at ease Regards
Mon, 16 Apr 2012
HIV AIDS Specialist 's  Response
P-24 ANTIGEN AND ANTIBODY TEST OF HIV DUO IS VERY GOOD TEST TO DIAGNOSE HIV IN NEWBORNS AND INFANTS AND EVEN IN NORMAL PERSON HAVING FEAR OF HIC AFTER UNPROTECTED SEX AFTER 28 DAYS IF NEGATIVE BE SURE YOU DONOT HAVE HIV EVEN MORE SURE GO FOR HIV DNA PCR TESTING

HIV AIDS Specialist Dr. S. Murugan's  Response
hAI, These tests are more than 98% accurate. If it is negative after 6 weeks you need not worry about HIV Infection.
  Anonymous's Response
Anonymous's  Response

Hi, The exact accuracy reports are not known clearly... The net says that the specificity of these test are about 95% and above. I am not sure of the sensitivity though..

Vikas's  Response

according to Uk HIV DUO(4th generation) test on or after 28 days is highly accurate say 99.8%