I had my thyroid removed about 40 years ago because

I had my thyroid removed about 40 years ago because I had a lump on it. Forty years ago any lump was assumed to be cancer, so the thyroid gland was removed leaving me with a huge, ugly scar. The lump was a
cold nodule. My current doctor is unfamiliar with thyroid problems so I have been through different doses of
T4 and T3 looking for an answer. I have all the classic low thyroid symptoms. Because I live in a small town in the Rocky Mountains, there is not an endocrinologist here. My question is what is the average dose of T4 and T3 for a patient with no thyroid? My doctor has encouraged me to seek a second opinion as she is unsure of what to do.mill
Thu, 18 Jan 2018