Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

I had bowel that developed to scare. Is it Cancerous ?

Hi i once had a bowel some years ago,after the bowel was healed.I developed a very ugly scar.when i went to the doctor,he said its called "hanea"(am not sure of the spelling)and some how looks like the scar of a result of a burn.Now my concern is,is this scar cancerous?the reason am asking this is because it sometimes breath but very rarely.kindly answer.
Asked On : Wed, 6 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  79
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, welcome to HealthcareMagic

By the history provided by you, it is mostly an incisional hernia. If you are asking whether the hernia can become cancerous, then the answer is no. If you are asking whether the scar tissue can become cancerous, then this can happen very rarely, and the condition is called marjolin scar. However, as this is extremely rare and occurs mostly on burn scars, there is nothing to be worried about.
Answered: Wed, 6 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor