I had an awful yeast infection which Gynologist said that it is BV

I was just wondering because I went to the doctor yesterday thinking I had an awful yeast infection and she gave me Metrogel for a bacterial infection. I have never had sex but my boyfriend and I do play around. We recently thought it would be fun to get some KY Yours + Mine. Well a couple of days later I started feeling itching and pain during our playtime. It was quite unpleasant. I just thought the KY had changed the PH level in my vagina which caused a yeast infection, but after the GYNO visit it is BV. I was wondering if anyone else has had these dreadful symptoms after using the product. Is it possible?
Wed, 9 Dec 2009