Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

129 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

I had a overdose of Cocaine. how could they be revived ?

Hey, Some of my friends and I are planning on going clubbing in CA over the long weekend and i got this weird feeling that something bad might happen. They tend to be crazy but this feels different than other times. In the event that one of them stopped their heart from a coke overdose or a cocaethilyene (coke and alcohol simultaneously mixed to created a stimulant more powerful than coke) overdose, how could they be revived ? IF CPR began immediatly and a diffribulator was used would they have a shot of making it ? Thanks.
Thu, 17 Dec 2009
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Well first of all they don't need to do that. And The second thing is CPR has to be started within the first 5 minutes or an AED(diffibulator). But the CPR has to be done correctly. Thats just the first thing that has to occur immediately. The next thing is to get them to the hospital so they can start IV fluids to flush out the alcohol and liquid charcoal to reverse the effects of the cocaine OD. Its very very dangerous and the best thing to do is just not do it. Drinking is one thing but Cocaine is another its very bad. The chance for a person to die taking cocaine and alcohol is very surreal and medical attention is going to be needed immediately!!!!
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....