Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

I had a lower lumbar injury, now it has a pain. How often i have to do x-ray ?

I had a lower back injury in 2004. Dia: Spontaneity , Facet Arthritis, Annular Tear with 2 Protruding Disc.. Lower Lumbar injury - unable to operate my concern and question is... How often should i be getting images done on my lower back to keep an eye on the Spontaneity and Facet Arthritis ? I am only 29 years old and it is really starting to take hold over my life style. I am starting to get minor leg pain and numbness in my toes when i experience the pain. Should this be of great concern to me? And if so should i ask for further follow up with a Specialist? I have had numbness and pain in my legs since the injury... Was placed on HEAVY pain killers and Anti Inflame. drugs from date of injury .. no longer take the medications and i am living with the pain. As you can imagine i have become use to the pain. Just would like to know if any follow up should be taken since the injury is now 6 years old.
Asked On : Wed, 17 Feb 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  298
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  Anonymous's Response

Numbness is really of concern. That does suggest a neurological problem. You should see to it that there is no pressure on your nerves. For that imaging studies are necessary. The frequency at which you should do shall be decided by the Neurosurgeon.

Answered: Wed, 17 Feb 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor