Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

I had a leak in my heart valve, Can any Online doctor will help me now ?

When I was little I had a leak in my heart valve, my sister and dad died from the same condition. help pls ? I m a 20 year old college student, I m uninsured, and I have like no money. Lately I have been having some heart problems (some pain, shortness of breath , tingling in my left arm and leg) but I don t know if it s just me being paranoid or not. When I was little I had a leak in one of my heart valves. I used to get it checked once a year, wear a heart monitor, take antibiotics before the dentist , etc. but when I was around 11 my mom stopped taking me because she said the leak went away. I m now 20 and I don t know if I should spend all my money getting my heart checked or not. I m at a healthy weight but I just started taking adderall and I read it s bad for the heart. btw my dad and sister both died from heart related issues when I was younger do leaks in the valve just go away as you get older? I keep telling my mom this but she thinks I m being crazy and there s nothing wrong with me I am 5 3 and 130 lbs. Would losing weight help? my bmi is 23.0 not 25.0
Tue, 15 Dec 2009
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
  User's Response
I don't know which valve was leaking and the severity, you probably need to have an ECG and Echo. Mild mitral valve leaks usually don't require any treatment but as you are having symptoms you need to see a Doctor who will run some tests.
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor