Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

I had 2 miscarriages, What would be the problem?

Hi am so scared i had 2 miscarriages and the doctor said that i should run a uterine tissue test what would be the problem?
Asked On : Tue, 23 Nov 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  171
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
In the first trimester (up to 12 weeks), chromosomal abnormalities common cause for abortion. Genetic studies in parents will be useful to asses if they have genetic problems.

Incompetent cervix is the common cause in second trimester. Examination of cervix and measuring length and width with ultrasound is good. In the second trimester they do a procedure called Cervical cerclage, which tighten the cervix so that abortion will not happen.

There are some abnormalities in uterus. They will put a dye and see the uterus. Some times they put scope in uterus and visualize the uterus if any thing abnormal.

These are safe procedures.

Dr. Jagdish
Answered: Sat, 27 Nov 2010
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor