Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

172 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
MD
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

I got stung by a honey bee yesterday, on my

I got stung by a honey bee yesterday, on my index finger. And my whole hand has swollen real big and where the stinger was it has a white head and a purple bruise. I put an ice pack off and on all night, didn’t seem to help, cause today it is worse and is painful. I think it might be painful caused from the extreme swelling. Swelled clear to my wrist. Do you have any advise for me?
Sat, 6 Oct 2018
Report Abuse
For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on
 

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hi Dr., I got stung by a honey bee about 2.5 hours ago. Is it normal to feel sleepy and a tiny bit odd now. Kind of a weird small head ache. There was hardly any redness at the sting sight. Now other swelling . No difficulty breathing . I used to be very allergic. But, when I was younger, I recieved many years of emulsion shots.

doctor1 MD

I got stung on my pinki toe from a honey bee last evening.I am not allergic to bees, however i have noticed that my pinki toe is swollen, but not painful to the touch, there was a pouch in my toe that had popped and blood and greenish fluid came out. Now it looks like my toe is purple. It has swollen so much that i can feel it next to my other toe when I walk or stand. It doesnt hurt at all or itch anymore, just swollen. I am on 7.5 mg Coumadin. ANything suggestions? thanks!

doctor1 MD

I got stung by a honey bee yesterday during a birthday party. I got stung on my pinkie toe on my right foot . When it stung me, I smacked my toe. I smacked my toe because I felt severe stinging and hurting. I think I got the stinger out when I smacked my toe. I started crying and ran to my mom and showed her what came out when I smacked my toe. She said it was the stinger. It swelled a little and burned yesterday. Today, it is swelled really big and it itches really bad. When I scratch it, it burns really bad. And I also have a bump where the bee stung me. Is the stinger still in my foot? And what should I do to find out if the stinger is still in there? Also, what can I do to get the swelling to go down?

Loading Online Doctors....