Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

I got a worm of 12 inch from my anus. What can i do now ?

i am 23. i have light pain in my stomach, which i get often. to day when i went to toilet i found a huge worm of around 12 inch from anus. i am scared. please tell me what to do. i stay quite a distance away from doctor . please suggest me what to do. what effect can be seen and what are the measure.
Asked On : Mon, 11 Jul 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  170
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Vrushali thanks for query.There is no need to panic.Worm infestation is not serious.You need to take tablets for this and you will be fine.Please give tablets to other in family also as this can spread from one to another via its eggs.Please talk to your doctor about name of medicine.Most of the drugs for this are chewable so take care not to swallow it to have its effect.
wishing you good health.
Answered: Mon, 11 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Hi Vrushali
Welcome to HealthcareMagic.
You have worm in your gut which is apparent now.Do not panic about it.You need anti helminthic antibiotics like Ivermectin.
you should visit your Physician to get a prescription for the same.If you are in a place where Doctor is not available , you can visit a social health worker and ask for deworming schedule.
Hope this helps you.
Take care
Answered: Mon, 11 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor