Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

I got a lump on my hand due to binge drinking. What kind of cyst is this ?

i visited a doctor today about a lump on my hand (approx on palm where index meets palm) and he told me this is a cyst that may be caused by binge drinking what is the proper name for these cysts? he said it was rare in people my age as i am 26 and female
Asked On : Wed, 1 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  204
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
welcome to HealthcareMagic
A cyst at the junction of palm and index finger is a rare possibility but if the swelling is slightly hard it may be a Ganglion or overgrowth of the bony tissue also.See if you have pain or any other associated symptom.If it is a cyst or infected thing it may reduce to some extent with medicines or else you may need to get it removed surgically so consult a surgeon for better opinion and treatment.
Answered: Wed, 1 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor