Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

I got a abnormal x-ray and mri of pelvic and hip area

i had an x-ray it came back adnormal the they suggest mri that also came back adnormal so for a year i continue to get mri done to see if any changes i had dexascan that came back excellent they rule out pagets disease they rule out rhumatord arthristis so could some make a suggestion they rule out fribrous dysplais,,
Asked On : Sat, 31 Dec 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  98
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, Thanks for using HCM.

As your X-ray and even MRI is not helping to rule out fibrous dysplasia. Bone biopsy uses a hollow needle to remove a small piece of the affected bone for laboratory analysis. You'll receive local anesthetics to numb the area where the needle is inserted. In rare instances, an open biopsy — requiring general anesthesia and a surgical incision — may be necessary.Study of affected bone piece helps to rule out disease.

Hope this helps you.

Answered: Thu, 21 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor