Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

I get periods only when I am on pills. I want to conceive now. Can an online doctor help me ?

I am 29yrs old and I never ever get my period.. not even cramps or anything. If I am on the pill I do get my period every month, but not on any birth control I don t get my period ever. I have been off birth control for the past two yrs. trying to get pregnant and still no luck. We were never seriously trying.. just if it happen we got pregnant we would be happy. ever since I was 16 or younger I have never gotten it.. unless i was on birth control. about 4 yrs ago we become pregnant, however it was our best decision at the time to abort it. I am 120 lbs, 5 2,somewhat active (not too over active), i don t have stress, or gain or loose weight quickly. I can say I am pretty normal and don t have any issues. Except for that I never get my period. I have always been on and off birth control, mainly because I never liked to get my period an I know if i wasn t sexually active I would need to be. I have told my gyn. about this and she has never been concerned? should I be now? I have been trying to keep track of my temperature every morning however this is a struggle because I am very groggy when I wake up in the morning... that is to see when I am ovulating. Anyway.. do you have any answers or any tricks I can pull off to get pregnant or figure out when I am ovulating? or if I am?
Asked On : Mon, 27 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  45
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
OBGYN 's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic forum
first up all you have to look whether your hypothalamo pitutary ovarian axis is working properly ie to detect the reason for your absent periods.for that you have to take birth controle pills and make a withdrawel bleeding ,on 3rd day test blood levels of FSH,LH.TESTOSTERONE,PROLACTINE and on day 9th do a basic ultrasound scan that will sort out your problem so go and consult an infertility specialist and treat accordingly
Answered: Tue, 28 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Infertility Specialist Dr. Abhishek S. Parihar's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic
If you dont get periods without help of birth control pills then you need to consult a gynecologist/endocrinologist for thorough evaluation. There may some underlying hormone disorder causing absence of periods. You may require to undergo blood and radiological tests as well. Hormone disorders also affects fertility adversely. Regarding tests for ovulation, there are simple urine test kits available in the market which detects LH in urine. Once urine test is positive you can expect ovulation to occur next day and you can plan intercourse accordingly. You need to do urine test for 4-5 days when you think you are nearing ovulation. I would recommend you to consult your doctor for further evaluation and management. Take care.
Answered: Tue, 28 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor