Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

I get bumps around ear that are painful

They have a lot of pus, followed by blood. It usually takes 7 10 days to clear. I also have a yucky taste on the same side of my throat from drainage. I was wondering if they are boils? There are times when it will spread and follow my hair line at the base of my neck. It it is the same side that I have TMJ and an oral surgeon chipped my bone during wisdom tooth removal. I had my tonsils removed 3 years ago due to them being chronically infected. Any thoughts?
Asked On : Sat, 29 Jan 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  228
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
dear Gbnep,

i read your problem. as per your history you oral cavity might have communication externally after removing bone. thats why whenever your getting boil that is leaking pus inside and getting bad taste. my suggestion to you is maintain oral hygiene do salt water gargle two to three times a day and get your throat examined by ENT specialist or oromaxillary surgeon.
Answered: Sat, 29 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor