Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

I get a weird heart beat

This has been happening to me for the last 6 or 7 years. What happens is I get a weird lightheaded feeling and my chest feels like it tightens up and then my heart does this thing where it beats really hard and fast for a couple seconds. And I feel fine afterwards. It usually only happens once or twice a week but sometimes it happens multiple times in one day. What could it be? I am planning on seeing a doctor as soon as my insurance from my new job kicks in
Asked On : Tue, 15 Dec 2009
Answers:  3 Views:  478
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Cardiologist 's  Response
hello and welcome to healthcare magic.
your scenario with strange heart beats and light headedness suggest that the abnormal cardiac rhythm you have is of clinical significance .
it can be associated with heart valve diseases and as an isolated mechanism . it can be associated with coronary artery disease . it is important and urgent to check your self by a cardiologist who will workup by doing HOLTERS MONITORING(continuous 24 hrs ECG ) an ECHOCARDIOGRAPHY and physical examination and detailed history . wish you good luck
Answered: Sun, 21 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
You have a condition called Arythmia and normally it is not dangerous, unless it gets more severe. You should have it checked out, asap. In the meantime, cut down on sugar, caffeine or anything that seems to bring on these attacks. Your Dr. will do an EKG but it will not show up much, unless you actually have this happen during the test. If it's severe enough, you will be put on a med such as amioderone or pacerone.
Answered: Tue, 15 Dec 2009
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
it requires evaluation.Complete heart check up is necessary.
At present ECG is necessary to rule out cardiac cause.
After you get insurance you may go for more investigation.
Consult your doctor.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Sun, 21 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor