Owl Image

I felt sick and took my blood pressure. It was 200/102..Is it ok?

I felt sick and took my blood pressure. It was 200/102. Was this an emergency? I went to Yale New Haven s emergency room. There were no patients waiting. I waited for an hour and no one attended to me, so I told the intake person that I was really sick and needed to be in bed. He just dismissed me. I thought that it was serious. Was I over-reacting? I came home and went to bed and I did not have a stroke. So, perhaps I was overly concerned.
Mon, 14 Dec 2009